Monday, May 24, 2010

Autumn's Concerto / Next Stop, Happiness) / 下一站,幸福


Autum's Concerto is a Taiwanese romance drama, which consist of 21 episodes. This is the 3rd Taiwanese drama that I have ever watched. My 1st was Ming Zhong Zhu Ding Wo Ai Ni, 2nd was Bu Liang Xiao Hua (Miss No Good). I really like Autumn's Concerto as it's not like those typical Taiwanese dramas - super fantasy, super exaggerate acting/expression. I started to watch this drama as I listen to Wo Ai Ta aka I Love Him by Della Ding and my friend recommended it to me, telling me that it's really nice. And yes, very nice indeed!


I was surprise to see Van Ness Wu as the male lead, to be even surprise, I never know his acting skills are so good! Heard fr my friend that he really improved a lot on his acting skill. Well, I don't know anything about that since I am actually not a fan of Taiwanese Drama and totally never a fan of F4. Van got a great body & he's got style! The little boy in the drama, 'Xiao Le' is very cute!

Sypnosis
Ren Guang Xi (Van Ness Wu), a cocky law student, seems to lead the perfect life. He's the sole successor to a huge and famous business and a talented ice hockey player. But in reality, his lonely life lacks joy, laughter and motivation. That is until he meets Liang Mu Cheng (An Yi Xuan), the new bento seller at his school canteen. 

Although orphaned at a young age, Mu Cheng does not let her past affect her and lives life with great passion and determination. A harmless bet brings the two together and Guang Xi slowly changes as Mu Cheng teaches him how to give and love.


Tragedy strikes when Guang Xi suddenly has to go through a major brain surgery which causes him to lose his memory. His mother begs Mu Cheng to leave him and the latter has no choice but to do so. Little does she know that she already has Guang Xi's child.


Six years pass. Mu Cheng lives a quiet life with her young son in the countryside while Guang Xi is now a successful lawyer and is engaged to He Yi Qian, the kind and beautiful doctor who took care of him after his surgery. A strangely familiar piano piece stirs Guang Xi's heart as he struggles to recall his past romance with Mu Cheng. How will the couple make up for six years of lost time? Happiness, which stop do I alight at?

-End of Sypnosis

This sentence is extracted from the mid episode of Autumn's Concerto, where 'Tuo Ye' express his love to 'Mu Cheng':

我不想在看到你受委屈
wo bu xiang zai kan dao ni shou wei qu
I don't want to see you suffer anymore

也不想看到你哭
ye bu xiang kan dao ni ku
and I don't want to see you cry anymore

请你不要告诉我你可以照顾自己
qing ni bu yao gao shu wo ni ke yi zhao gu zhi ji
please don't tell me that you can take care of yourself

那是在骗你自己
na shi zai pian ni zhi ji
that's lying to yourself

也不要劝我放弃你
ye bu yao quan wo fang qi ni
and don't try to persuade me to give up on you

因为我不知道该这么放弃
yin wei wo bu zhi dao gai zhen me fang qi
because I don't know how to give up

不要问我到底喜欢你那里
bu yao wen wo dao di shi huan ni na li
don't ask me why I like you

因为我只会一直这样喜欢下去
yin wei wo zhi hui yi zhi zhe yang xi huan xia qu
because I will only keep on liking you"


"I don't want to see you suffer anymore and i don't want to see you cry anymore. Please don't tell me that you can take care of yourself, that's lying to yourself. And don't try to persuade me to give up on you, because i don't know how to give up. Don't ask me y i like you because i will only keep on liking you." - Autumn's Concerto

Oh my! This is like SOOOOOOO SWEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT!!!! *melts my heart* Ok, I am done with the drama and time to get outta fantasies, hehe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

super love this drama! i hardly watch taiwan drama as i find it too dramatic, overacting actors and actresses, and dragging too slow. but stumbling upon AC i was hooked. never been a fan of vanness on meteor garden and never knew ady until i saw AC i was 360 degrees turn to love them. Lovely couple! THE BEST DRAMA SERIES FOR ME THAN FTLY. i find FTLY actors acting way below par aside from joe chen. Must be credit to Ac director for coming up with such good actors and actressses and a good storyline. Highly recommend this drama to everyone~but not the tagalized version pls. :) find them too anime sound. hahahaha. watch it in english sub. Have watch this over and over again in you tube . hope to see them together again in other project. SUPER LOVE THIS DRAMA~~ THE BEST.