Sunday, September 11, 2011

Nasi Lemak 2.0






I would say this is the best Malaysian film I have ever watched. Nasi Lemak 2.0 is very hilarious yet meaningful! If you are a Malaysian, you would fully understand the messages Namewee is conveying, either directly or indirectly through the film. I did not expect anything from the film, I just know it's Namewee first film, and it's about Malaysian and I just want to watch it and support our local film. I think all the Malaysian would be very proud of him in this film.

Just the day before yesterday I asked my friends to watch this film with me on yesterday, he said no more local film for him as the previous (probably the first) "I Love Wing Chun" sucks so he don't bother to watch Nasi Lemak 2.0. I have never watched "I Love Wing Chun" but I have watched the earlier martial arts local film "Kinta" and it sucks. If local film about martial arts, yeah of course it is not good to be frank and people tend to compare with HK's martial arts movies, confirm fail eh if compare like this. However, Nasi Lemak 2.0 is totally different genre, it's something like Singapore Jack Neo's film, about the coutry, citizens and moral values.  

If you go to Namewee's YouTube and watch his "Part 1 & 2 Namewee wanna PM Malaysia", you will actually get to see and realize how much effort he had put in for this film. I am amazed by his courage, bravery and his never give up spirit, he is really determined to do this film! And I am glad he have success! This film is showing throughout the whole Malaysia, and even in Melbourne and I don't know where else in other countries...

Throughout the "Part 1 & 2 Namewee wanna meet PM Malaysia", I was pretty shocked to hear one of the I-have-no-idea-who-is-it from FINAS was saying the loan for his film can't be approve because 50% conversation or more are in Chinese and that is not "1 Malaysia" like wtf man.....Even the lady YB is trying to help him to get the loan for his film actually got transferred to another department. Sometimes I really do not think our country is really democratic from so many things I have seen. But I am not gonna write about it as it is a very sensitive issue, I do not want to get myself into troubles.

Anyway, this is a low budget film as he actually got funded from a businessman to make this film, but according to him, which it's not much, hence, I would say do not put such a high expectation. But for such a low budgeted film, I think Namewee did a really great job! Moreover, it is his first film! He shared in the video that to do filming at low cost, there are three criterias:

1st : you must use a smaller, lighter and portable equipment, because you can carry it whereever you go and saving your time and energy.

2nd: You need to have a lot of good friends. The good friends of his involving in Nasi Lemak filming are good friends he know throughout the recent years in entertainment line.

3rd: Support from Malaysian artistes

And have I told you, I actually watched Nasi Lemak 2.0 at GSC Tropicana City Mall last night and guess what??? I saw an angmoh, yes a Caucasian, probably in his late 30s or early 40s watching Nasi Lemak 2.0, sitting right next to my friend. And I was like "wow" even a foreigner would watch our local film, amazing! I am not sure if he get the meaning of the film as most of the languages spoken in the film are Malay n Chinese. Hopefully he find it nice. I had been laughing from the beginning until the end of the film, and a lot of laughter from the audiences as well. I fully recommend fellow Malaysians to watch this film!!! Even a Caucasian support our local film, why not us Malaysians? (not sure if he watch the film to see babes like Karen Kong, Felixia Yeap, Nur Fathia, Nadine Ann, lol)

No comments: