Saturday, September 13, 2008

Caving

I'm off to tour Gua Tempurung wif unimates. It's my 1st time caving. Oh well, I've neither been to Niah nor Mulu. Nvr hav interested to tour caves & my family nvr mention to bring me oso. Might be quite ashamed as a Mirian. It's owez v weird, as u stay v near to a certain place, u don go to tat place. Say, I live in Miri, it's near to Niah/Mulu but I don't go thr. Instead, I go to Ipoh's Gua Tempurung, which is faraway fr my hometown. Crap.

Anyway, we r getting the full tour, 3 n 1/2 hours, which include a complete journey of about 3.8km from the entrance to Golden Flowstone, Top of the World and to the end of the cave (East) and return through the underground river) n the entry cost is RM22 per pax.

The package says "Expect thrilling moments as you have the adrenalin-pumping spelunking adventure of your life time. You will wade through the underground river that reaches chest level at certain stretches, duck-walk and crawl through holes, climb almost vertical walls and slide down slippery stones. The physical challenges will be worth it. You get to see lots of fascinating rock formations - stalactites, stalagmites, multi-tier ponds, volcano-like rocks, glittering crystal-covered walls and lots more. Of course, the Golden Flowstone and the Top of the World Caverns are included in this tour that also takes you to the eastern side of the cave facing the North-South Expressway. Your return journey will take you entirely through the underground river."

I'm feeling v nervous now. A lil sleepy n a lil scared as I hav nvr been to caving. I scared I get any injuries n d place is slippery so I scare tat I'll tripped off. God bless me. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

TZ said...

It's not that hard... I been through the whole journey... anyway, team spirit is very important. You need to help each other to overcome some challenge along the way. It was a good experience...

Enjoy yourself and take care eh!...