Monday, September 8, 2008

Vain Praying Mantis

I saw a praying mantis on top of the mini lamp post on top of 1 of the academic building in my campus. Apparently, it is not afraid of human beings. I wonder why is it landing there for so long n not flying away? Resting isit?

As u all knw, other animals, even insect get either v excited or intimidate when they look at the mirror. However, this particular mantis seems to be quite excited n syok watching its' reflection on the mirror wif it's praying hand moving up n down.


When I go near it, it was quite excited to see me. It is so obedient, pose nicely for me to snap photos of it. It's looking at the camera as well, with an awkward face. Anyway, I did not on the flash. I did try to on the flash to intimidate it but sumhow it's bright so my flash is nt working. Else, I wonder hw would the mantis reaction be like?

Looks like cartoon rite? But I forgot which cartoon.


C, it's so vain, posing here n thr. Wanna perform spiderman by climbing the lamp post huh? Or pretend wanna jump off the lamp post?


Another vain pic of the praying mantis. Haha, such a poser eh! It seems to smile a lil in tis pic. It's so cute!!!

Actually I felt like catching it n play with it but then I'm scared of it's two long hands. Mantis, u r so cuteeee!

No comments: