Sunday, January 18, 2009

LDR


"Love conquers all, distance and time!"

In a glimpse of eyes, it hav been approaching a year since I'm in LDR wif R.. It was crazy when I first got into LDR wif him coz we were just in a r'ship for 2 weeks & then we got to be apart fr each other by 4000++ miles away as he's in Aus. What's more, he's not fr Miri. I've never imagine 1 day my another half would be a West Msian. LDR is quite a tough r'ship test. I must say LDR wasn't tat easy but not as hard as well. It's like a test to prove our love. If u can get thru it, tat's reli reli great! What's important r communication (as often as possible - email, fon calls, IM, sms & etc.), trust, mutual understanding, faithful, honesty, commitment, optimistic, tolerance and patience.

Me, was like the rest, used to think LDR is near impossible. Most of the ppl ard me will giv me negative comments on my LDR, such as "out of sight, out of mind", "not practical for long term, "not long lasting" n etc.. Tat's y if u r in LDR, u gotta stay optimistic. However, those doesn't scares me off. If it were be last time, I would be pretty much influence by those negative comments by my frens esp. Luckily, I hav such a great bf whom r willing to put so much effort to maintain our LDR (of coz I put a lot of effort as well, else we won't make it til today).

Well, I have to say LDR is sometimes v annoying, esp when I need him beside me or when I'm depressed. Sometimes, the mobile service provider is bad & we can't hear each other cleary, therefore, either of us got to repeat wat we said. Another thing is coz of the distance, most of the communication mode will be on sms/instant messaging. No mode of communication which can beat face-to-face conversation. SMS/IM usually cause miscommunication n which later lead to misunderstanding. Besides, quarrelling or argue-ing would b reli bad to LDR. Quite high maintenance n challenging eh. LDR v high level indeed. Kinda interesting as well, sometimes...

Now, it's funny when ppl tell me LDR can never last. So wat if some ppl their bfs/gfs r near them. Some of those ppl hav their gfs/bfs of many years in the same place ended up just like tat coz of misc. reasons (some left for another gal/boy).

I've learned n experienced a lot fr LDR thru thick n thin, which I nvr exp in a typical normal r'ship. In LDR, u don't get to be wif each other/meet each other so often...therefore ppl tend to be more appreciative. I treasure the times we r able to spend together for certain time, which is short each time during our hols.

Grazie cosi tanto, my baby R.. The longer our LDR is, the closer it is till the day we get to be together. Good things r worth waiting. And they say, save the best for the last. Good luck for those who r in LDR.

No comments: