There was this International External Examiners Seminar (IEES) held for Final Year Project (FYP) students yesterday. Now, my uni is going globally~ Those speakers they hav invited for this seminar is not those san-ka-lei/ci-pa-lang (crappy) ppl to come over n talk but it's some reli high quality professor fr various country. They even invited a professor fr Princeton Uni, USA just to give a talk on his team's Energy Strategies for a Carbon-constrained World, kept stressing on CO2 stuff n it's under Civil Eng. stuff. I listen till I wanna sleep...luckily he just talked for an hour.
Supposedly to go for a talk which is relevant to my course, EE stuff, "Emerging Broadband Wireless Technologies & Cognitive Radio - A Technical Overview" by a local Professor, an Indian but dunno fr which uni. But somehow I just skipped right after the CO2 talk thinggy coz
I was quite sleepy n lazy want to walk back hostel. Skipped wif d rest of my housemates n follow their car back hostel.
Tis time I came back n saw some white guys here, some r Russian. I heard some r Australian..I was asking my senior, wat r they doin here in UTP n why would they wanna come here since my uni is so isolated n stranded far away fr the city.
My senior told me 1 of those white guys r Australian, his coursemate doing student exchange here. They r studying Architechure but taking some Civil's courses since it's relevant to their field of studies. I asked "how long would they be here?", my senior answered "1 year".
I was like OMG!!! 1 year, means 2 sems, if 1 sems still nt tat bad. My senior added "yam gong" (means pitiful). Yeah, I feel sad for them haha!!!
It's Wed n it's ladies day for swimming. Went swimming n suppose to swim 10 laps as usual. But due to the sudden drizzling which made us thought the rain gonna be heavy soon, I only managed to swim 8 laps, 2 more laps leh *argh*.
Next week hopefully got time to go swimming...got to go exercise at least a week. I'm so lazy tis sem. Oh well...
No comments:
Post a Comment