Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hay Fever

Hay fever, also called allergic rhinitis, causes cold-like symptoms such as a runny nose, congestion, sneezing and sinus pressure. But unlike a cold, hay fever isn't caused by a virus — it's caused by an allergic response to indoor or outdoor airborne allergens, such as pollen, dust mites or pet dander.


Some people have hay fever year-round. For others, hay fever gets worse at certain times of the year, usually in the spring, summer or fall. One of the most common allergic conditions, hay fever affects about one in five people. Now, tell me WHY?!?! WHY i'm the 1 in 5 ppl? *sigh*

I hav just bought a new med as recommended by a fren, Clarinase, an Australian med tat relieves symptoms associated with allergic rhinitis (hay fever) such as sneezing, runny or itchy nose and burning or itchy eyes. It's not cheap, like RM1/tablet? The price gonna increase soon.

Well, I've got a sensitive nose, been having running nose like for almost a mth. Usually I only hav a mild running nose in the early morning or before bed. I thought I was just having common colds but it's not.

I think I shud be having hay fever since it kept recurring. My nose is super sensitive if exposed to dust. My petty nose is allergy to dust! Prob my room is dusty? I just found out that one of the risks of developing hay fever is being a firstborn child. Well, I'm a firstborn child. Like tat also can, sigh! Or maybe it is my family medical backgrd? Coz my dad's nose is v sensitive n he often hav running nose too. Perhaps...I have no idea.

I have took it for two days dy, 1 for a day. It's quite good as it cure my bloody flu tat have been haunting me for approx. a mth! However, I think Clarinase shud be quite a strong medicine, so better don't simply consume it if u only hav a mild flu.

It may bring side effect like hypersensitivity, nausea, agitation, sorethroat n insomnia. Therefore, I think I'm gonna eat another pill today n stop. It sux to hav tis kind of allergy, made my nose insensitive to smells.

Goodbye HEY Fever! Don't ever come back to haunt me pls, u r frustrating! I reli don understand y r u called hay fever since u r a type of allergy not a fever. Haha!!! However, I reli feel thankful for my fren who intro me to this med. Thanx a lot! U saved my life :P ;) Yay! I can fly to Pg in healty state of bod soon.

No comments: