Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hair Make Over

I went my all time fave salon, Kelvin's Hair Studio again yesterday for my appointment, tis time for hair cut n hair color. I've alwiz wanted to color my hair for quite some time already. After two weeks rebonding my hair using Japan's chemical, Crystal then only I go for color, to prevent hair damage. I read fr the Internet tat it's better to color ur hair only after 10days after hair rebonding.

Intern is a good time to color my hair since I've the time, freedom, n the money. Hehe! So I asked Kelvin (the director of the hair studio) to cut n choose the color for highlighting my hair. It's my 1st time coloring my hair hence the outcome must be good n my hair won't be damaged. My black hair lose it's virginity to Shwarzkopf Hair color. The color n the treatment I did in the salon all r Shwarzkopf's products. I think they r 1 of the official distributors of Shwarzkopf eh. Anyway, I loveee Shwarzkopf hair products!

He ask me "Any color in particular that u dislike?" I told him "I don like yellow, n gold". I shud hav said blonde, I don't knw y I said gold, gold is nt tat bad but I reli dun like yellow n orange (how come I din say tat I dislike orange color? LOL!). So he suggest "how abt red n purple" I was thinking 'purple? greattt! I like'. I agreed. Then he said "but u goin off for studies soon rite". I said "ya". After tat he suggested me some colors tat will last long since I'm going off to UTP soon.

Since purple is not a long lasting color (aww, too bad), he suggested another color, a darker red color n sth like dull yellow-brownish color. I dunno wat color is that called. I pointed that I like tat red. He suggested a darker red, bright red doesn't reli suit me, mainly coz it's not long lasting. Well, bright colors doesn't last long usually.

So two colors r chosen to highlight my hair, 1 is yellow-brownish (i don't knw wats the exact name for tat particular color, he claimed tat it's like the color of mud, which doesn't sound nice at all) n copper red (which he claimed like the color of M'sian 1 cent coin). I was a bit stunned when I heard abt the yellow color of mud. I was thinking 'yellowish ar? I dun like yellow leh'.

Then, he instructed a stylist to color my hair, highlight my hair tis n tat style, which I dun understand. Well, the color combination came out very nice. He did it layer by layer fr the bottom, repeating 1st layer wif color A then 2nd layer wif color B n so on. Cross here n thr. Kelvin did explained to me the particular method they r applying to color my hair but sorry la, I still don't understand coz I'm not a hair stylist, haha! It's cool tat he explained to me briefly. I never knw thr r various diff ways to highlight hair anyhow n anystyle. Sounds cool!

When Kelvin is looking at the result of my hair highlight, he said "piao liang". Of coz I think he meant the color he had chosen is beautiful n the stylist who color my hair did a nice job la, not that I look beautiful (me nt tat *perasan*). I alwiz let the director, Kelvin to cut my hair whenever I'm back in Miri n do rebonding thr also nvr hear him saying anything beautiful, really!

I cut 3" off my hair. Shorter n I feel cooler now, wif such a hot weather out thr. I'm very very satisfied n happy wif my new hair cut n color. Another good thing is Kelvin gave me discount, coz he knows me as a regular customer of his n maybe he knws I'm my aunt's relative, 1 of my aunt is big n regular customer to 1 of his hair senior hair stylist. I colored my hair plus hair treatment (to hydrate my hair, preventing it fr damage) for RM160 but he gave me 20% off, bcome RM128. By right the 20% disc only apply to his newly open hair studio but he just giv me tat disc. Great! It was so much cheaper.

the hairstylist highlighting my hair, a v patient lad.

it took 2 hour for the whole highlight session

i dunno wat machine is tis, but it's electronic n it generates heat. tis machine rotating round n round ard my head for 20mins.

before

before going to the hair salon

after! can't c the color in tis pic

ta da! change angle towards the sunlight. c my hair color? n my hair is much shorter~

v hard to get the angle to capture pic of the color of my hair, it's not obvious here




my hair highlight of two diff combination of color


In conclusion, u gotta see the real me in real time for the vivid view of my hair color. They r too shy to reveal their true colors to the camera *tsk tsk*.

2 comments:

eRiCa said...

fuiyoh..finally u dye ur hair. haha i almost dyed mine but decided to keep it black ^^

Tze Ling said...

actually highlight, not dye whole heat hehe. ic~ i never color my hair bfore, tats y I'm so eager to n finally I did it ;)