Saturday, May 24, 2008

Karen Kong's West M'sia Promo Tour & East M'sia Tour

I met Karen for the 2nd time in person last nite in her "Meet the Fans" session in Miri. 1st time was in Jan during her West M'sia Promo Tour while I'm doin my intern in Penang while the 2nd time was while I'm doin my intern in Miri. It was 4 mth gap. I first met her was in Prangin Mall, Penang. I'm not a big fan of hers, just curious how she look in person n how's her voice in person.

Well, I got to knw her since last year coz my frens talked bt her n I viewed her videos in YouTube n her profile in Friendster (yeah, she's popular with her YouTube videos n Friendster). I think this girl is reli v talented. Gifted with a beautiful voice n good looks. She's not only has the look but also the voice.

So, I kept see-ing posters in shopping mall tat she'll be coming to Penang for her Promo Tour. However, most of my friends in Penang have no idea who is her so not interested to go to see her singing. I like to go see artiste (local / not local) performing on stage, even if they r not my Idol. Live singing is nice, got the atmosphere n it's cool.

That particular morning, me n my unimates n Penang frens went Prangin Mall to watch Cloverfield. The movie was a total crap. San Nien can't stand the dizziness of the movie n went out of the cinema after abt an hour of the movie. Woah, it's like sitting on a roller-coaster, turning 360 degree all over when u watch Cloverfield. After that it's like 2pm, then I told the gang tat Karen Kong is performing in Prangin, wanna go hav a look or not. So we just go n c. It was v bad tat she actually reached so late, we waited like an hour n all of us r actually hungry.

So me n Hubert shared to buy her latest album, chinese album for RM29. We support local artiste mar. Then we got a free poster for purchasing her album. It was not many ppl watching her performing that time. Maybe those ppl goin New World Park to watch her performance at nite time. So thr's tis play games session, I tot it would b like play some simple games or ask u a few question.

Since it's Penang, nobody knows me thr except my own frens so I was v daring, volunteered myself up. N damn! I regretted coz they actually want u to pose 5 diff poses of capturing self-portrait. Y tis type of game. I'm good at capturing self-portrait BUT not wif all those cute watever ozipala poses. Those r siaw mei mei's style man. I was like OMG NOOO~. But it's too late. So Hubert helped me to capture some pics n video, luckily din capture video of me doing the "wu lian pai". The funny thing is when Karen ask me "is that ur bf? the one holding the cam". I said "nono, he is just a fren of mine". LOL! She actually tot Hubert is my bf.

My poses r silly enuf n funny. Super lame, I was so shy tat time man, I rmber posing wif fingers 1 2 3 4 5 n YAY it's over. There was another two volunteer, a guy n a girl. The guy poses v unnatural n funny (he look so nerd man). The girl is a high sch siaw mei mei n she was not bad, poses differently. After that, Karen end her performance wif another song. N there comes autograph + photograph session n tis is my objective of watching her performing...gettin her signature n capturing pic wif her.

the setting of the stage

Chris was reluctant to join in this group photo wif us, ended up offering capturing tis pic for us instead of taking together wif us -_-"



Finally, you came!







Karen showing her "wu lian pai"

she threw her posters to the crowd

the nerdy guy posing

me wif my lame pose

the high sch gal who nailed the "wu lian pai"





us wif Karen after getting her autograph on the poster & CD.

Karen Kong's Chinese album 'Showtime':





Then she came to Miri (Bintang Plaza) last nite. Miri is her 1st stop for her East M'sia tour. I noticed that she like to wear reli high pumps heels (4"-5"). Well, she's a very petite girl u c. Then she like to wear colorful panty hose n loose dress. She's v cute, thin n fair as well. Tat time in Penang, she's got a lil sick, sth like flu but she's fine when she come to Miri, well as usual, her vocal is good. She sang a new song of hers "Tai Sha", it's an old songs sang by i-forgot-who actually. It's quite challenging coz tis song is nt easy to sing, v high tone.

They hav got more things to giv u in East M'sia if u buy her album here. Her chinese album sold in tat nite she perform, b4 she reach the stage to perform. If u buy her album, u get her free limited edition portrait (3R) if nt mistaken. Specially for East Malaysian. Then if u join her Fans Club form RM30, they giv u free yellow cute T-shirt, got Karen's mascot printed on the T-shirt. We East M'sian more priorities, coz she's fr Labuan, oso East M'sia wat.

As usual, she reached late, but tis time still okay, 30 mins late rather than 1 hr late in Penang. Probably coz Penang's traffic is much more congested. I left her poster in the condo I stayed in Penang so I came to take another poster of hers. They have only 5-6 posters in Miri, I dunno y is tat so lil'. Nowonder they replaced it wif her pics, to compensate the posters I guess. Posters r mroe high cost mar;P. Then, it was still early n nt much ppl, the not-official em-cee asked who want the posters, then come up the stage n he ask simple question. I was like the 3rd to go up n he ask me reli simple quest "wat's Gong Ke Yun's eng name?". Too simple, LOL.

In Miri, the setting up of the stage is not good, like sui bian one. Thr was roadshow going on inside Bintang Plaza so they make it outside the main entrance of Bintang Plaza. N yeah, Bintang Plaza is owez tat congested, wif roadshows n watsoever.

The good thing is in Miri, they hire pro emcee, I-FM DJ from KL. Not like in Prangin, they hire dunno wat cipalang emcee. Allrite, photo-session, my cellphone cam was total crap at nite, esp if wanna snap fr a distance. Well, u demand so much capturing pics wif cellphone anyway.


it's still early.

the simple, reli simple setting of the stage

album selling start! the crowd r so eager to buy Karen's album. The crowd was like abt 2x more than the crowd in Prangin Mall, Penang. Dun knw bt New World but it should b even more ppl.

I-FM DJ, "Li Jing" I don't knw her exact name, sounds like tis though, sorry if I'm wrong

"Li Jing" entertaining the crowd

Here comes Karen





Volunteers up the stage. It's "Wu Lian Pai" again, I knew it!. It's a big NO NO for me to go up the stage in Miri. Later my frens c me v shy one la! One thing I noticed bout these 3 teens' wu lian pai poses. Their poses ard the same, wif their fingers pointing one to five. I was wondering is it typical Mirians poses their "wu lian pai" like this huh? *LOL*





clearer photo I snapped compared to the rest. I was in front of the stage haha!



lining up to go up the stage to get her autograph n photograph.

Karen signing on the album

finally! tis is wat I've been waiting for~ Karen & me

close up of her poster

Karen's poster

Karen's close up poster pic & 'Showtime' album

Karen's autograph on her album, got tis autograph in Miri

Karen's autograph on her CD, got tis in Penang. I guess no one in Miri get 2 of her autograph coz she only sign on the surface of her album, not on the CD. How lucky am I!

the lyric + pic of hers booklet inside the album

While getting Karen's autograph on the stage, I talked to her. I told her "tis is my 2nd time getting ur autograph". She was surprised. Then I told her "I met u once in Prangin, Penang". Then she said "Oh!!Nowonder u look so familiar to me!". Then she's surprise I came all the way fr Penang to Miri. I told her I'm fr Miri. Then she was like "owhh...Miri is ur hometown".

She's very nice n frenly. A very talented gal wif strong n good vocal. She's not so popular still out thr but v popular in Friendster. Anyway, I'm sure she's gonna blossom n groom into a superstar in the very near future. 1st Chinese to come out wif Malay album, nominated in AIM awards summore. Best wishes, Karen!

Support Karen Kong, support local artiste ppl! *ChEeRs*

No comments: