Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Salsa

Last nite was my sixth Salsa dancing class. We danced fr 7pm - 10pm! Tat explained y my feet is so painful n unable to spin steadily after half of d dance class. Anyway, I can feel my improvement, able to rmber steps better n catch new movements faster.

However, I'm still nt quite good, esp when it comes to shaking ur knees + hips while dancing. Well, u gotta shake it shake it! Salsa is supposedly a sexy dance, tats y shake a lot. My spinning quite unstable too, my heels r reli a bit too high. Not gonna get new heels for dancing anyway since I'll be leaving in July.

Last week, Jon (d guy who spinned me like crazy) asked me if I can perform Salsa dance for a dinner on next mth. He will b our trainer for the performance. I forgot wat exactly d dinner is tat but it's gonna b big. Coz they want some of the beginners to perform, to attract new ppl to learn the dance. Thr will be other dance performances as well. I told Jon no prob if somebody is pairing up wif me. So, my male colleague who go learn dancing wif us will be my partner.

I reli hope we can catch up everything, regardless of old or new movements n perform well. Tacit understanding also quite important (which me n my partner didn't / haven't possess) so u'll dance more naturally n smoothly together wif ur partner. I guess it reli takes time.

Towards the end of dance, Jon say next time he's goin to invite a lady (no idea who is she) to perform Salsa for us to see. He said tat lady is quite cheeky n she can reli shake her hips. He want us to learn fr her n shake like her, lol. A bit awkward to shake so much actually.

I feel so tired today, danced a bit too long last nite. But it was reli fun, learnt many new moves fr d pro dancing instructor, Mr. Wong. Luv dancing wif him, he's just so good! (dancing teacher mar, tats y la). I luv it more when he dance wif his wife, Mrs. Wong, they both r dance instructor. They share d same passion, how romantic!

Didn't capture any pics of us dancing but videos. My fren would kill me if I do tat. However, I'm also don wan to share it here *privacy matters*.

No comments: